Install & Un-install ScreenSavers
Installing and uninstalling a screensaver from eFreescreensaver.com is very easy. In order to guide you properly, here are the step by step procedures on how to install or uninstall a downloaded screen saver from our website.
Installing a screen saver
eFreescreensaver.com offers you a lot of screen savers to choose from. Whether you are a Windows or Mac user, you can install a screen saver by following these steps.
- Browse through the different categories. Once you’ve chose your desired screensaver, click on the download button.
- An .exe file of the chosen screensaver will start to download. Once it is done, run the program.
- The installation process will start to initialize. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation of the screensaver.
- Then the screen saver is now ready for use.
Uninstalling a screen saver
In case you don’t want to use the screen saver anymore or you are having problems with it, there are ways to uninstall it. Here’s how.
For Mac OS users:
- Open Screen Saver preferences, select the screensaver you want to uninstall then click the Remove (-) button.
- In case you can’t remove the screensaver you wish to uninstall in the Screen Saver preferences, find the file of the screen saver in the Screen Savers folder and drag it to the Trash.
For Windows Vista/7/8
- Click on the Start Menu button and choose Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click the Uninstall a program link. The Uninstall or Change a Program panel will open.
- Look for the screensaver you wish to remove. Double click it to start the uninstall program.
- Follow the instructions to complete the removal of the screen saver in your computer.
For Windows XP
- Click on the Start Menu button and select Control Panel.
- Under the Pick a Category, choose Add or Remove Programs. The Add or Remove Program panel will open.
- Look for the screensaver you wish to remove. Click it once then click the Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the removal of the screensaver.